A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ivory Coast & Pearly Sensations.....

Thrift finds are always such a surprising experience. It's the thrill of not knowing what you'll find that makes it all such a juicy experience. Yesterday I found myself a staggering pair of brand new (practically) ivory coloured leather pumps.....





I reckon it must have been a bride's shoes because its heels are spanking new and no wear to them at all. Perfect fit too!
I could embellish them with a shoe clip - anybody have any suggestions where to find one to match?
It made me remember two things - first my other special thrift find - a string of pearls, so long that it reaches down to my hips....


& just see how perfectly they match...



Which made me remember another thrift find made some years back... what I like to call my Crytal Palace shoes by Giuliano Venanzi....








It may not be the right season to wear these here, but they sure promise to add sparkle to my outfits.....


No comments: