A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Monday, August 9, 2010

Flowers to celebrate Summer

I simply adore flowers and take pictures of them any time I can. I love to be around flowers even though I don't usually fill my house with them. But if I have to choose a greeting card, it will generally include flowers. If it's a wrapping paper, it's got flowers on it. And strangely enough, when it's my birthday all my friends send me cards with..... flowers. Guess they know by now....

My favourite flower is the yellow rose and I was blessed with finding a yellow rosebush on my front garden when we bought our house.  Above you can see my idea of a perfect yellow rose....This is a picture of my very first FairyFiligree giveaway which was a vintage hanky and I photographed it with the last yellow rose on my bush before pruning.
So imagine my excitement when I discovered these flowers on Etsy today....




Aren't they simply gorgeous? They may not be roses, but they are made by a lady whose shop on Etsy you can visit here.




No comments: